Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Big Eddy at Whirlpool Point

On July 20th I processed a batch of 4" x 5" Ilford FP4.  This batch required N+1 development to increase contrast.  I ran the film in HC-110 Developer, Dilution B, for 14:20 minutes, at 20C.  The batch of 20 sheets included a number of shots from the recent Saskatchewan trip, as well as some other stuff shot earlier this year.
This is one of those earlier shots....  Back in May my brother in law Shawn and I took a drive from the cottage up to Whirlpool Point.  I attempted to capture the motion of the North Saskatchewan River as it swirled in the Big Eddy below Whirlpool Point.  I used a small aperture and a red filter to allow a long 4 second exposure in the hope that it would show some motion.  It was moderatlely successful, but I'm not thrilled with the image.  Some of the others in the batch are much better, and I will be posting those in the coming days.



No comments:

Post a Comment