Monday, July 15, 2024

Beer Parlour Project - BP 12.0 Viking Hotel

The day after we visited Warspite, the Beer Parlour Project moved on to The Viking Hotel.  This time around our friend Byron Robb joined us.  Byron is an avid photographer and I've known him since we met while shooting the Forgotten Prairie documentary, several years ago.
We visited Viking on the evening of April 13th.  These are a couple of the negatives that I shot that night with my 4x5 Ebony view camera.  Both were shot on Kodak T-Max 400 film, pushed to 1600iso, and developed in T-Max Developer, 1:4, for 8:20 minutes, at 24C.
The first shot was taken around 6:00 in the evening, and I used my Nikkor 210mm lens.  This is Gabrielle, a town resident that works in the insurance industry.  I love the way that the shot is sort of photo bombed by Doug, visible in the background.  I got a great portrait of Doug on this evening as well, and previously posted it on my blog.
The second shot was taken later in the evening, around 8:30, and I used a wider Fujinon 125mm lens.  This is Byron, shooting pool.  The long shutter speed and resulting blur of the cue ball worked out pretty well.




No comments:

Post a Comment