Saturday, February 25, 2017

Fujinon SF F5.6 250mm Copal 3

Here is an example of a portrait taken with my soft focus lens.  This is from the recent portrait session, a couple weeks ago.  This shot, of middle daughter Annelise, was taken on Kodak 100 T-Max and processed in 510 Pyro developer.  I had the lens nearly wide open at F6.5.  The main light was a softbox, with the fill light bounced off of an umbrella.  I used my trusty old Sinar F1 view camera and my Photogenic strobe lights for this portrait session.  I quite like this lens and the way that the center of the image stays nice and sharp, but the fringes get all swirly and soft.  It may not be overly noticeable in this scan, but under Anna's right arm there is a structure that looks like a squashed bug.  This is static discharge, that exposed the film in this area... fortunately it is not overly detracting from an otherwise great portrait.


No comments: