Sunday, February 19, 2017

Infrared

Here's a scan of an image taken a year ago, in February 2016, and recently processed.  This is an abandoned orthodox church up in Smoky Lake County.  I shot this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a 200mm lens.  It was shot on Kodak High Speed Infrared Film and processed in T-Max Developer.  
We've experienced some really mild, record setting temperatures over the last few days but of course, just in time for the Family Day long weekend, it has cooled off.  The temperature is still pretty mild, at right around the freezing point, but with the change came cloudy skies.  We still only got a skiff of snow and a sprinkle of rain, but the skies are just leaden and dull and nothing looks very attractive right now.  Particularly with that old rotten snow lying around.  I didn't bother heading out to do any shooting today because it was just too uninspiring.  Instead I unloaded and reloaded a whole bunch of film holders that were cluttering up my darkroom.  I have over 200 film holders and they are now all loaded up with fresh film, waiting for spring.  Hopefully it arrives soon...!!


No comments: