Friday, August 7, 2026

Back to the Historic Site

With all the rain back in Edmonton, I ended up stuck at home for an extended period of time.  For pretty much two months I was at home dealing with our insurance claim and the plumbing repairs.  Although the plumbing repairs are done, there is no resolution in sight to our insurance claim.  I'm hoping we can sort things out and move forward with our repairs as soon as possible.
I ventured out to the cottage, after a two month absence, to deal with a few things and get caught up on some chores.  I cut up a couple of trees that had come down, plus got the string trimmer out and cut some weeds.  Some of the more stubborn ones were also sprayed with Killex.
Our propane supplier came out and topped up our tank.  I always try to do this in the summer when the rates are the lowest of the season.  This year we needed 856 liters, at $0.519/L to get things topped up.
My plumber friend Leonard also came out and replaced the gas valve on our hot water heater that had been damaged by a recent power surge.  I later learned that this power issue occurred at the same time as the tornado was hitting Rocky Mountain House... July 18th.
I got over to the golf course and played golf a number of times.  And I also booked a tour of the Nordegg Historic Site so I could do some more documentary photography.  Here are the phone snapshots of some of the images I considered today.  I think I shot a total of about 16 sheets of film today and it was nice to get back to a little photography.










No comments:

Post a Comment