I recently purchased a little jig for sharpening chain saws. It clamps onto the bar of the saw, and it holds a hone at the proper angle for sharpening. I tried it out and it worked pretty well. Sadly the hone is pretty much worn out after one sharpening, so I'm not sure of the economics verses just buying new chains. We shall see....
After sharpening I used the saw to cut up that big pile of deadwood out at Nordegg. But the end of the job it was still reasonably sharp. So I brought the saw home to city, and used it to finish cutting up the large spruce limb that came down at my Mom's acreage. By the end of that cutting job it was starting to get pretty dull again. But that limb was around 16 inches in diameter, green, with a lot of knots. When I get back out to the cottage I will try to sharpen it once more, and see how long it lasts.



No comments:
Post a Comment