On Friday September 4th I had to travel from Nordegg to Red Deer to attend the opening reception of the Coal in Alberta show. Five members of the Monochrome Guild put together this exhibition a number of years ago, and this is the third gallery on it's ongoing tour. The prints will be on display until Thanksgiving. Arturo, Court, Nigel, Fred and myself are involved in this one.
I brought my view camera along with me on the drive as I wanted to stop and photograph this old abandoned store. This is on highway 11, at the turnoff to the hamlet of Condor. I'm not sure exactly what it was... probably a country store, maybe with a service station. Although, there is a newer service station next door to it, now empty and for sale. I'm betting that this one won't be standing much longer so I took advantage of the opportunity and shot it with both my view camera... and my phone...
It's a rather somber day as I prepare this post. Today is September 11th, and the 25th Anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It seems like just a couple of years ago... but my kids weren't even born then, and Margarit and I were newlyweds. A lot of things have changed, but sadly a lot of things in world politics are still the same...



No comments:
Post a Comment