Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Horseshoe Lake

This is another one of the older images that I recently stumbled across.  This is a scan of a 4"x5" Agfapan 25 negative.  I rated the film at 32iso and gave normal development, in Rodinal developer, 1:50, for 13:00 minutes at 22C.  I developed the film back in February of this year, but the shot dates back some time.
I'll have to check exactly how much of this old film I have left.  It expired way back in 1990, and I've slowly been using up the last of my stock.  I know that I have somewhere around twenty exposed sheets that need to be processed, and probably another 20 or so that are loaded in holders and need to be shot.  Once those are done, it will be the last of it.  It used to upset me when certain film stocks were discontinued, and for a time there, in the early 2000's it looked like film might disappear all together.  But in recent years all sorts of new emulsions have been released, including a number of them in sheet format.  The most current new addition is Ilford Pan F... which has been available for years in roll formats, but just recently became available in sheet stock.
This image was taken up at Horseshoe Lake in Jasper National Park.  I was out there for a couple of days on the fall trip with the Monochrome Guild in 2022.  A couple of years ago a large forest fire swept through the Athabasca Valley into the Jasper townsite, and this area was heavily burned.  I have not been back to the park since the fire, but should venture back there one of these days.
I took this shot on October 22nd of 2022 at about 4:00 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Nikkor 200mm lens, with no filter.  The exposure was for 1 second at F22.0.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment