This is a scan of a recently processed 4"x5" negative. On August 27th I ran a batch of Kodak Tri-X Pan 320. I rated the film at 1600 iso, and gave extended development in highly dilute developer. This was Kodak HC-110 developer, diluted 1:100. The film was developed for 2-1/2 hours, with brief agitation every 30 minutes. This technique supports the lower values, without blowing out the highlights.
This portrait is of Val, the owner of Bella's Bar in the Czar Hotel, in Czar, Alberta. The Beer Parlour Project team visited this establishment last spring. There was a write up in the Wainwright newspaper about our visit, and that article can be found on our Beer Parlour Project website. Val hosted her steak night on the evening of our visit, and the place was packed. We all had the steak that night, and it was very good.
I took this photograph on April 10th 2026 at about 8:40 in the evening. I used my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Nikkor 210mm lens. The exposure was for 1 second at F8.0.

No comments:
Post a Comment