I headed back out to Nordegg on August 31st. Margarit had remained at the cottage over the past week or so, while I was back in the city. This is her longest stretch out in Nordegg since the days of Covid isolation. I think she is mostly enjoying the peace and quiet.
On the first of September I caught a ride with my neighbor to Rocky Mountain House. There I picked up my old truck, that had been in for repairs. The issues were mostly related to the old fuel in the tank. They drained the tank, put in a new fuel pump, changed the fuel filters and all seems to be good again. I brought the old truck back out to the cottage and parked it in its usual spot.
Later that afternoon I played a solo round of golf. It went OK and I shot a score of 43, right around my average. While I played, Margarit went over to the library, and then later visited with Hailey, who was working the clubhouse that day. The course is certainly one of the most beautiful, with its mountain setting.
On September 2nd, Margarit and I made a run up to the dump, and then continued on up the Trunk Road to the Blackstone River. We took Hank along for the day. We spent a pleasant afternoon exploring along the river. I dug out my fly road and did a little fishing. I had a nice trout on the line for a bit, but he spit out the hook before I could land him. After that I took a few photographs of all the avens that had gone to seed.
Later that evening we returned to the cottage and had a nice dinner.






No comments:
Post a Comment