This is a scan of another negative from our Beer Parlour Project outing to the Czar Hotel. This is one of the sheets of Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 that I developed on August 27th. The film was significantly underexposed, achieved by rating it at 1600iso, rather than the box speed of 320. To compensate for that underexposure, the film was over developed in highly dilute developer. I used Kodak HC-110 diluted 1:100, and developed for 2-1/2 hours. Agitation was minimal at only once every thirty minutes. By comparison, normal development is usually something in the range of 7 to 10 minutes, with dilution at around 1:30, and much more regular agitation.
This is a portrait of Ted, one of the locals at Bella's Bar in the Czar Hotel. He was there, like everyone else, to enjoy Steak Night. This portrait is cropped a little from the full frame shot. I took this photograph on April 10th of 2026 at about 8:00 in the evening. I used my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Nikkor 210mm lens. The exposure was for 1/2 second at F7.0.

No comments:
Post a Comment