Sunday, August 23, 2026

Out at Nordegg

Margarit and I have been out at the cottage for several days, ever since dropping off the prints in Red Deer for the Coal in Alberta show.  That was back on the 17th.
Its been quiet and relaxing since we arrived.  I played golf a couple of times, and we caught up on some chores around the property.  Sadly my old truck died, and as I write this it is sitting in the parking lot at the golf course.  It is an old 2004 Dodge Ram 2500, with probably around 300,000km on it.  It starting to rust out fairly badly, and a lot of things don't work properly.  The anti-lock brakes, the windshield wipers, the power door locks and the odometer all no longer work.  But it is good enough for a junk truck, and I have used it out at Nordegg for the past several years.  Mostly just for beer runs, dump runs, and to go golfing and fishing.  This time around it died and will not start.  It seems to be an issue with fuel.  Hopefully it's related to the fuel in the tank, which is probably about three years old, and not the fuel pump.  I have booked to have it towed to the Dodge dealership in Rocky Mountain House for repairs, so it remains to be seen.
In the meantime I have done a little work around the place.  I cleaned up most of the deadfall from our main property and cut it all up for outside firewood.  I also split the last of the poplar from the tree that recently came down.  We visited a bit with Hailey, and also connected for breakfast with our friends and neighbors, Shelly and Eric.
I have all the deadfall cut up and piled near the firepit.  Even my kids could not possibly burn this much wood in a weekend....?   But I'm not sure, and don't know if I should tempt fate.  We shall soon find out as they are coming out on Saturday evening, with Braeden's brother and cousin from Ontario.




No comments:

Post a Comment