Sunday, August 16, 2026

Beer Parlour Project BP46.0 - Evansburg Inn

On Friday August 14th the Beer Parlour Project team visited the Evansburg Inn, in Evansburg, Alberta.  We had prearranged with the owners for our visit.  The establishment is owned by a family group and they have operated the hotel and tavern for over 20 years.  Chris and I were out for this one.  Margarit and my youngest daughter Helena came along.  Helena turned 18 just a few weeks ago so this was her first time coming along on a Beer Parlour Project outing in a real bar.  Later in the evening Arturo and Sharon drove out and joined us.
It was moderately busy when we first arrived and Chris and I were able to talk to the owners as well as a number of locals.  I took some photographs with my big view camera.  There was a reporter out from the weekly newspaper in Drayton Valley and she interviewed Chris and I about the project, and also spoke to others.
Sadly it got quiet later in the evening and by the time that Arturo and Connie arrived, there were not a lot of people left.  They didn't really get much of an opportunity to join in.
Every year the town elects a town grouch.  Sadly this year's grouch was unable to join us at the Beer Parlour.





No comments:

Post a Comment