On August 15th Margarit and I headed out to Warburg for another episode of the Beer Parlour Project. This would be number 47 towards our ultimate goal of 100. This time around we brought along our friend Brenda, as she grew up on a farm near Warburg, and went to school there.
There was a high school reunion from the class of 1996 taking place at the hotel. Of the 30 or so students that were in the graduating class, thirteen were able to attend. The Beer Parlour in this hotel is very small and intimate, so it was pretty full all night long.
Brenda graduated a little before the class of 1996, but she knew many of the family names. Her old school vice principal was there, and he remembered her and her siblings, despite being quite advanced in age.
Of course Chris and Connie were also there, and Arturo and Sharon were able to join us a little later. So, everything turned out really well and this event was definitely better attended than the one the night prior in Evansburg. I managed to expose fourteen sheets of 4x5 film and I think that I came away with at least a couple of good images for the project. I also shot a bit with my 35mm film cameras.
This was the last of three outings in a row, so we will take a bit of a break before we head back out on the road again. We are hoping to visit some hotels in the southern part of the province later this summer





No comments:
Post a Comment