This is the last of the images from the recent batch of 4"x5" Ilford FP4+ 125 that I gave N+1 development. A slight underexposure (160iso) combined with extended development (14:20 minutes in Kodak HC-110 Dilution B at 20C) yeilded an expansion in contrast of one stop.
This is a recent shot, taken just a few weeks ago when Margarit and I were down in East Coulee. It was a hot day, and we went for a short walk in the badlands. I was intrigued by this little gumweed plant struggling to survive in the hot, dry soil.
I shot this on June 13th of 2026, just a few days before all the rain started back home in Edmonton. This was taken at about 4:30 in the afternoon. I used my Ebony SV45TU view camera and a long 240mm Fujinon lens. A #47B Blue filter opened up the shadows a little. The bellows had to be drawn out a lot to focus this closely and this required a one third stop exposure compensation. The exposure was for 4 seconds at F41.0. Fortunately this was in a sheltered wash and the light breeze did not cause any movement with the longish exposure.

No comments:
Post a Comment