Thursday, July 11, 2024

The Beer Parlour Project - BP 11.0 Warspite Hotel

This is a selection of portraits from the Beer Parlour Project outing on April 12th 2024 to the Warspite Hotel.  This was our 11th outing of the project... so we refer to it as BP 11.0.  Chris and I attended this one, but the ladies were unable to join us this time around.  There was a good turnout at the hotel tavern and I was able to take quite a few photographs.
All of these were taken on Kodak T-Max 400, pushed to 1600iso and developed in T-Max Developer, 1:4, for 8:20 minutes, at 24C.  I'm still struggling a bit with adequate lighting, but generally things are improving over previous attempts.
The first shot is of Hope and her grandmother Steph.  This one was taken just before 5:00PM with my Ebony view camera and a Fujinon 125mm lens.
Next is Shane, a local resident who has lived in the area for some time.  I used the same camera and lens set up for this one, and it was taken just a few minutes later.
We met Doyle and Carol next.  They are planning to get married this summer.  They are on a tour of old hotel taverns just like us.  But their tour was not documentary in nature and they were just experiencing the places and soaking in the vibe.  The second image is cropped somewhat to eliminate some of the foreground highlights.  Both were taken with my Ebony view camera and a Nikkor 210mm lens, at around 6:45 PM.
Connie and Mike are friends.  Mike has a place in the area, and Connie was visiting.  I actually met Connie back in Edmonton at Mimi's Pub, as she is friends with the owner there, as we are.  It was a quirky coincidence that we met up in a small town hotel like this.  I used the same camera set up for this one at it was taken shortly after the portraits of Doyle and Carol.
Finally there is a portrait of Dave and Donna, both local residents.  This was one of my last portraits of the evening and was taken just before 7:00PM with the Ebony and the Nikkor 210mm lens.
All in all I'm fairly pleased with these and they will eventually find their way onto the Beer Parlour Project website.  I will eventually take a crack at printing some of the negatives in my darkroom.








No comments:

Post a Comment