Monday, June 10, 2024

Wild Horse Tracks

I went through the scans of the film that I developed over the past several months and found a few that I don't think I've posted yet.  I may have posted duplicate versions, shot on different film, but I've tried to avoid that.
This is a shot of Coliseum Mountain near Nordegg, taken from the Forestry Trunk Road.  The North Nordegg Subdvision, where my cottages are located, is on the lower flanks of this mountain, just to the right edge of this view.
There is a herd of wild horses in the area and we see them fairly regularly.  Mostly they hang around on the south side of the David Thompson Highway, near the Industrial Park.  From time to time we see them, and more often their tracks, on the north side of Highway 11.  These were fresh horse tracks in the snow, heading off into the clear cut.
I shot this on December 4th of 2022 with my Ebony view camera and a 125mm lens.  This was taken on Ilford FP4 film, rated at 100 iso and developed in Perceptol Developer, 1:1, for 11:15 minutes at 24C.  I process this film and developer combination on my Jobo Processor as I find that the continuous agitation is needed to fully remove the anti halation dye from the film.  This has been an ongoing problem if I hand process these 4" x 5" negatives, and the processor seems to resolve it.  This was one of the last batches that I processed on my old Jobo before it finally packed it in.  I have since replaced it with a new one, but haven't run any film on it yet.



No comments: