Saturday, December 23, 2023

Organization Begins

With the work in the guest cottage completed, I started the task of cleanup and organization.  This is going to take a while...!
The first thing that I did was to remove all the newpaper that I had taped down on the counters while I was doing the ceramic tile.  I wiped everything down, and cleaned all the residual adhesive from the masking tape.  With that done I spent the better part of the morning just organizing stuff... putting tools away, storing leftover supplies in the crawlspace, and just general tidying up.
As the Nordegg Waste Transfer Site is open on Wednesdays, I took a load of stuff to the dump.  This included some construction waste and a little household garbage, as well as some scraps of particle board and wood that could not be burnt in the stove.  Then I flattened all the cardboard boxes that I had accumulated, and took those for recycling as well.
As the chop saw was still set up in the middle of the living room I took advantage of the opportunity and cut up a bunch of picture frames.  I needed some frames for the upcoming InFocus Photo Exhibition, as well as for some small prints for the Beehive.
Once that was done I vacuumed up all the aluminum sawdust and did a general clean in the main area.  I moved the saw horses and the chop saw over to one side, and set the dinette table and chairs into what will be more or less the final position.  I also set up some of the small appliances on the counters, and hung a sign on the bathroom door.
The next time I come out I'll dive a little more seriously into the clean up and get ready to start setting things up permanently.  The first thing I will have to look after at that point will be to clean all the floor tiles of excess glue and then mop everything.








No comments: