Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Medicine Lake - Fall Photo Weekend 2022

I recently processed a batch of Fuji Neopan Acros 100 in Rodinal developer.  Development was for 11:00 minutes, at 1:50, which provides about a half stop of contrast increase.  Although I visited this location at Medicine Lake just recently, this shot is actually from a year ago.  This year there was fresh snow on the ground when the gang from the Monochrome Guild spent a day on the lakeshore.  Our Fall Photo Weekend in 2022 was a little earlier in the season... late October rather than mid November.
I took this shot on October 23rd 2022 at about 3:15 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony 4" x 5" view camera and a Fujinon 250mm lens.  This is a longer focal length lens for this format and is about equivalent to an 80mm lens in smaller formats.  I used a #25 Red Filter to increase separation between clouds and the sky, and to increase contrast.
Sadly this wonderful film is no longer manufactured in sheet format.  I suppose I will be able to continue shooting it in roll film formats, but once I deplete my current stock of sheet film I will no longer be able to shoot it with my view cameras.



No comments: