Thursday, December 21, 2023

Approaching the Finish Line

With all the trim complete, and the interior doors hung, I focused on the last remaining project in the guest cottage.  This was the ceramic tile backsplash in the kitchen and the bathroom.  Some of the tile has been up for a while, and it was now time to do the grout.
It's been a number of years since I last installed ceramic tile, but it is pretty straightforward, and it quickly came back to me.  
I also did a bunch of touch up painting.  There were a few little nicks and marks on the yellow interior doors that needed touching up.  I also gave a final coat of blue to all the window and door casings, and the door jambs.  This was mostly just to cover up all the brad heads.  
With some space cleared in the living room I was able to install the last of the baseboards, and after that I cut and fitted a hardwood trim around the stone floor of the wood stove.
Later still I installed the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.  There are just a few little odds and ends left to address and the finish line is in sight.





No comments: