Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Snow Covered Boulders

I took this shot on the Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper with the Monochrome Guild, back in mid November.  These boulders are in the receding waters of Medicine Lake, and were covered with a layer of fresh snow.  I was drawn to the geometric shapes of the some of the boulders, and the shadows they were casting.  This is from a recently processed batch of Ilford HP5+ 4" x 5" sheet film developed in 510 Pyro Developer.  I am posting this from my cottage out at Nordegg, and don't have my notes with me for reference.  I know that the normal development time for this film in 510 Pyro 1:100 is around 7-1/2 minutes at 24C.  I also remember that I used one of my longer lenses... either a 360mm or 500mm, on my Ebony view camera to get in tight on this detail shot.  If anyone cares, please comment and I will provide more detail when I return home.



No comments: