Monday, September 5, 2022

The Gap from Shunda Viewpoint

When Margarit and I were out at the cottage in August, we decided to take a drive up to Shunda Viewpoint.  We had spent part of the day scouting around and driving a few backroads.  I had heard that this road offered one of the best views in the area of the front ranges of the Rockies, but have never been there until this day.  I shot this with my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Grandagon-N 90mm Lens.  I used a #29 Deep Red filter to increase contrast, darken the sky, and cut through the haze.    This was part of the recently processed batch of T-Max 100 film that I developed in 510 Pyro.  I cropped the scan a little, to slightly panoramic proportions.  Near the center, to the right of the solitary poplar, you can see The Gap.  This is a break in the Brazeau Range that the North Saskatchewan River passes through.



No comments: