Monday, September 12, 2022

Easy Chair

For many years there was a Harvey's Hamburger and Swiss Chalet Chicken location on 51 Avenue, just down the road from my old shop.  The Swiss Chalet closed a number of years ago, and relocated further south.  The old building became some sort of Asian restaurant for a while.  The Harvey's remained for quite a few years longer, and I often went there to pick up a burger for lunch, back in my working years.  Then near the end, just before I retired, it also closed.  Recently I drove by and found that both of the old restaurant buildings had been knocked down to make way for a new commercial office development.  Someone dumped an old easy chair at the edge of the demolition site and I thought it would make a great photo, perhaps for my Apparitions project.  I headed over there a couple of weeks ago, just at sunset, and took some shots with my view camera.  I also took these two snapshots on my phone.




No comments: