Friday, September 9, 2022

Golf... like I don't have enough to do in retirement

On Thursday September 1st my friend Eric invited me to play golf at the historic course in Nordegg.  I used to play golf a lot when I was in my late teens, but have only played once in the last 40 years.   I bought a cheap set of  "Canadian Tire" clubs last year, but other than a brief outing to the driving range, haven't used them yet.  I shot a rather embarassing 55 on the par 32 nine hole moose pasture course.  But all in all I was pretty satisfied with the way things came around at the end of the round.
Unfortunately summer is almost over, and I probably won't get much of a chance to get out and improve my game this year.  But I'm hoping to get more into it next year.
When I bought the clubs last year I also bought two bags, each of 48 used golf balls.  They were cheap, something like 20 bucks a bag.  I fully expected to loose half of them on my first round, but I only lost two.  I'm feeling foolishly encouraged by this first round, and think that I might eventually be good at this game... isn't that just the way the golf draws you in...!  Some things never change....!



No comments: