Friday, September 16, 2022

Exhausted Again

Wednesday September 7th was a really busy day for me.  I was up at 5:00AM, and after a leisurely breakfast I went to work in the guest cottage at 8:00... after it warmed up a little.  I got the last of my aspen boards finished with lacquer.  There are still around two dozen left in storage at my Mom's place, but by my calculation I will only need a handful of them.
During the course of the day I got all of the paneling installed in both bedrooms.  The East bedroom was essentially done previously, but the top board was needed on one wall.  I also installed the ceiling trim all around that room.  I also finished all of the walls in the West bedroom, but didn't have any more ceiling trim ready to complete that one.
The dump did not open until 2:00 in the afternoon.  I finished loading up some garbage to fill up the truck that I started yesterday, and ran that to the dump shortly after it opened.  Then I cleaned up all of the remaining debris on both properties, which resulted in a second truck load, which I also took to the dump.  There is not much stuff left lying around either site anymore.  Just a little bit of siding and roofing that I am hanging onto for now, in case I build a shed.  And a little bit of extra lumber that I may use, or my contractor may take to another of his sites.
By the end of the day I was exhausted, and I didn't get to a couple of the chores that I wanted to.  No firewood got split or stacked on this day... and I didn't get to caulking the shower.  The two landings on the existing cottage have settled a little and need to be jacked up.  I didn't get to that yet either.  My week of working here is almost done so it seems likely I won't get to quite everything... but I sure got a lot accomplished.







No comments: