Monday, April 4, 2016

Ilford FP4+ in Perceptol

I have been shooting Ilford FP4+ film in 4" x 5" format for many years now.  It works really well for plus development when added contrast is needed.  For that I have been exposing it at 160 iso and processing in HC-110 developer.  But other than for this application I have drifted away from this film in recent years.  This past few months I have decided to experiment with it in an alternative developer.  I have been giving slightly more exposure than the rated speed of 125 iso and exposing it at 100 iso.  This most recent batch I experimented with Ilford Perceptol Developer, diluted 1:1.  I processed for 11:45 minutes at 24C with limited agitation.  I must say that so far I am quite pleased with the results.  This combination is definitely worth further experimentation.  I really like the tonality in subdued light... contrasty but smooth...  Here are scans of some of the recent negatives, all taken in late 2015.








No comments: