Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Out with the "Off The Beaten Path" Gang - 2

After we finished up exploring at the 1915 Mansion, Chris and Connie, along with Annelise and I, headed over to a couple of other stops.  We headed up to the abandoned Russian Monastery and explored for a while.  The old piano and the buildings continue to significantly deteriorate and I don't think it will be too much longer before some of them are down.  I didn't do any shooting here with the big view camera as I've done a lot here over the last year or so.  Just some digital snapshots this time around, a few of which I have included below.  Anna took a pretty decent shot of the piano with her 35mm film camera.  Some time later we processed the film and made a print, which she took to school.  She gave one copy to a lunchroom supervisor and her teacher wanted to buy the second copy.  I was pretty proud of her ability...!

 



Late in the day we headed over to Spaca Moskalyk and explored at the site of this historic church.  More snapshots from that visit are posted below.  I've also included a link to the article that Chris put together on his website.

http://www.bigdoer.com/25073/exploring-history/spaca-moskalyk-church/





No comments: