Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Work Day

On Tuesday after the long weekend I went back to work.  I was up pretty early... around 7:30AM.  It was only +1C at around 8:00 when I was having my morning coffee, and there was a little frost on the roof tops.  It seems that summer has come to an end.  I wanted to wait until it warmed up a bit outside so I did all the dishes from the dinner that the family had together on Sunday.  By about 10:00AM it had warmed up nicely to about +12 so I went outside and went to work.  
I finished application of lacquer to another batch of aspen boards.  Then I installed paneling to one wall in the west bedroom.  Once that was done I went outside and cleaned up a bunch of construction waste left over from last year.  This included wood scraps, packaging materials and siding trimmings.  Wednesday is dump day, so I loaded all this debris into my truck so that I can haul it away.
In the afternoon I took a break from work and went and played a round of golf.  This was my second round in the past week, but only my third in the past decade.  It is starting to coming around.
After the round of golf I came back to the cottage and went back to work.  Now that the lacquer was dry from earlier in the day, I precut some paneling for installation, and finished off a couple of small areas that I had not got to earlier.  Then I starting finishing another batch of boards.  This is last ones that I have out here at the cottage.  I've got about two dozen left in storage, but will wait and see how many of those I will need, before I haul them out and finish any more.
After that I stacked a bunch of firewood that I had split the day before, and then split some more.  Finally, late in the day I loaded a little more garbage for the dump run.  Needless to say, by the time this was all done, I was exhausted.  I fired up the grill and made some chicken wings and potato skins for myself, and then settled down for the night....







No comments: