Friday, September 23, 2022

Getting Loaded

On Friday September 16th I planned for a return visit to Nordegg.  The retro appliances that I had ordered back in December of 2021 finally arrived.  I'm not quite ready for them yet, but wanted to get them out to the cottage in advance of winter.  So I picked those up on Friday morning and got them secured onto my truck.  I had my contractor Scott lined up out in Nordegg to help me offload them into the guest cottage.  He has a skid steer with forks on it, so it was relatively easy to get the appliances off the truck and into the cottage.
In return for that assistance I did a favor for Scott.  I picked up four large 22-1/2" tires for his dump truck from a supplier in Edmonton.  I keep them at my place in the city for a couple of days.  Then once the appliances were loaded, I packed the tires in around them.  It was quite the load...!  Not overly heavy, but very bulky and cumbersome.  
My friend Arturo came out to Nordegg with me on this trip.  So the back seat of the truck was also full... with clothes, golf clubs, camera gear and groceries.  I had several other smaller items at home that I would have brought along had there been room, but there was not.




No comments: