Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Society of Canadian Artists Elected Members Show

On September 22nd I finished my two prints that were accepted for the Society of Canadian Artists Elected Members Show.  I printed them about ten days ago, and then on September 21 and 22, after I returned home from Nordegg, I cut the mats and mounts, dry mounted the prints, and assembled the frames.  I cut up the frame stock out at Nordegg on my chopsaw, while I was out there last weekend.
On the 22nd I wrapped everything up and packed it securely in a shipping box.  Then I ran the package over to the Purolator depot and shipped it off.  It was kind of in the knick of time... as the package is supposed to be delivered to the gallery on the 28th, and the deadline is on the 29th.
The show will take place from October 1st to 15th at the Viva Vida Gallery in Pointe-Claire, Quebec.  It would be nice if I could get out East sometime to attend one of these shows, but as with the last one in Toronto, my prints will be there in my absence.
The first image I have titled "Nothing On".  It was taken down in the Red Deer River Badlands, not far from my shop in East Coulee.  Initially I was a little disappointed that I had not left a little more space in front of the old TV when I composed the shot back in May of this spring  But now that I see it presented with an overmat, it looks a lot better.
The second image I have titled "Spreading Creek Burn".  It was taken west of Nordegg along the David Thompson Highway, not far from the Banff National Park Boundary.  This area was extensively burnt about a decade ago when a prescribed burn got away from staff in the National Park.  I shot this one October of 2021.




No comments: