Tuesday, September 20, 2022

SCA

Much to my surprise, both of the prints I submitted to the Society of Canadian Artists Elected Members Exhibition were accepted.  The show is coming up in early October in Pointe Claire, Quebec.  I need to get busy and get my two prints framed and shipped off.
Most of the members that submit to these calls are presenting art that is already complete.  They have completed a painting or a sketch or a scuplture and send in a picture of the work to the jury.  In my case I had the image... the negative... but had not yet made a print.  I was not necessarily going to print these negatives right away, unless they were accepted.  Now that both have been accepted, I need to get prints made, and frame them ready for presentation.
On September 12th a spent a good part of the day in the darkroom and got the two prints made.  They now need to be washed and dried and then I can set to work mounting, matting and framing them.  I hope to be able to have them packaged and shipped off in the week of September 19th.




No comments: