Thursday, March 10, 2022

Strike Two

As with the century old sheet film that I recently attempted to work with, on behalf of my friends, the recently discovered roll of Verichrome Pan was also a bust.  I developed the roll on March 6th, using Kodak D-76 developer.  I went with a very standard time of 7:00 minutes, at 20C.
The film had been wound through a camera, and it looks like a couple of frames at the beginning may have been grossly underexposed.  It appears that there is a faint outline of the frame.  The latter parts of the roll are partly fogged, I suspect from light leaks around the edges of the paper backing, which was not particularly tightly rolled.  
This was a huge disappointment as I was hoping for a recognizable image and to be sent on a treasure hunt to try and figure out what it was.  Once again, that is not to be....



No comments: