Sunday, March 13, 2022

Final Morning

I hung around out at Nordegg until Friday the 11th of March.  I had ordered a partial lift of 5/16" particle board underlay from the Co-op Home Center in Rocky Mountain House.  They had promised to deliver it to me before noon on Friday.  The shipment showed up at about 10:00AM.    The driver was super nice and really helpful.  He used the Moffett forklift on his delivery truck to drive the load of material up the driveway, and around the cottage, right to the door.  Then he lifted it up to door level, and was willing to wait for 20 minutes while I pulled it all off the forks and stacked it in the cottage.  This sure made my job a lot easier and was very much appreciated on my part.  I really like to deal with small town operations like the Co-op was they are so down to earth and really understand customer service.
Once that task was behind me I quickly packed things up and shut down the cottage.  I was able to hit the road back to Edmonton by about noon.  I'm not sure when I'll get back out to Nordegg again, but when I do I will start to install this material.  It will be glued and screwed down to the plywood subfloor to provide a smooth surface for the installation of vinyl tile.  I won't install it to the entire cottage right away, as I have a bunch of work remaining with aspen panelling and cabinet construction.  But, I will install it in select areas, so that other work can progress.  This includes the bathroom, so that plumbing can be roughed in for the toilet and the shower base.  I will also have to install some in other locations so that I can rough in kitchen plumbing, and cut in the heat registers.  The bulk of it will wait until a little later though.....





No comments: