Sunday, March 20, 2022

Time to Unwind....

After a really busy week I headed back out to Nordegg on the afternoon of Friday March 18th.  I didn't get away until about 5:30 in the afternoon.  But, now that the days are much longer, and Daylight Savings Time has kicked in, the evenings are much lighter.  Although the sun had set, there was still some light in the sky when I rolled into Nordegg around 8:15PM.
Last Monday I just ran a few errands... picking up some construction supplies for the cottage.  Then on Tuesday I played hockey twice... once in the morning and once in the evening.  The morning was a ball hockey game with my brother-in-law Shawn.  I've gone out to this three times now, and enjoy the slower pace as compared to ice hockey.  But in the evening the Renegades played a late game at 10:45 up at KofC Arena.  We lost to the Showboats by a score of 6-3.
On Wednesday I slept in a bit and then took it easy through the day.  In the evening I got together at the pub with six other members of the Monochrome Guild.  On Thursday I spent the day helping Shawn move.  And then on Friday I was in a meeting with my Mom and my brothers discussing home care.  We all had a nice lunch together after that meeting, and then I hit the road in the evening.  None of the girls wanted to come out to the cottage this weekend so I headed out on my own.  I have two things on my agenda... to get a little work done in the cottage, and to get out for an afternoon with my camera.  Here we are in the latter part of March and I have not exposed a single sheet of film yet in 2022...!!
I slept in on Saturday morning and didn't really get outside and active until around noon.  I worked in the guest cottage for most of the day.  But I was lacking motivation, and not working particularly quickly.  I decided to put an electrical outlet up on the small loft, so I ran a cable up for that.  It was relatively easy now, as the vapor barrier was not on yet.  I put in the electrical box and installed the receptacle.  Then I put the vapor barrier up on the two outside walls in the bathroom.  Once this was done I could start putting down the subfloor.  I got enough of it installed in the bathroom and now the plumbing rough in can proceed.  I installed the toilet flange and with the subfloor in, the shower base can now be installed as well.  I also put subfloor down along the south wall in the kitchen.  This will permit plumbing rough in, and allow the heat register to be cut in.
In the afternoon I took a spin into town to check out the rink.  It has been really warm all week.  I was hopeful that with the overcast skies on Saturday, that the ice wouldn't have melted too much.  But by afternoon the temperature got up to +8c.  The ice on the rink had melted back from the boards on one side, exposing the concrete.  What was left of the ice was very wet and slushy.  It seems doubtful there will be any more outside hockey this year.




No comments: