Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Feeling Better

I felt a lot better by Monday morning and went through the day without taking any additional meds, with the exception of one Ibuprofen in the morning.  My phone indicated that I walked over 5500 steps during the day, equivalent to almost 2-1/2 miles.  My knee still felt a little swollen, but most of the pain is gone.  Perhaps the cherry juice I started drinking is also helping.
I re-organized all the materials in the cottage and then stacked all the scaffold parts outside, and covered them with a tarp.  Then I unloaded the 40 aspen boards that I brought out.  These are mostly 12 feet long, so although the quantity is down from previous loads, the area it will cover is more than it seems.  Previous batches were mostly 8 and 10 foot boards.  I set up and put the first couple of coats of lacquer on about a quarter of them.
It was cool during the day and only got up to a degree or two above freezing.  And it snowed lightly in the afternoon... getting heavier towards evening.  But the ground is now quite warm and the snow was mostly melting as it came down.  Seems spring is just around the corner, and I even saw the chipmunks... now out of hibernation.  The deer were hanging around right outside our window... looking for handouts as usual.
It is much easier to work over in the guest cottage now...!  The days are much longer and the light lasts until well into the evening.  And, I now have power in the building and some of the lights are connected, so I can work after dark if I want to.  Now that spring is just around the corner its not as cold and its much more comfortable to work inside, even without the fire going.





No comments: