Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Plumbing Rough In

On March 29th my mechanical contractor... Leonards Plumbing, based out of Leslieville, came out to Nordegg.  I've known Leonard for a few years as he is very close friends with my cousin Vic.  He also did the mechanical work on our other cottage.
Leonard and his helper showed up around 10:00 and worked until mid-afternoon.  They roughed in all the water supply lines, both hot and cold, as well as most of the drains.  We positioned the shower base, and connected the drain.  I had to cut out one stud and install two new ones to replace it, in order to have adequate space for the shower valve.  After they left I continued working on a few other little odd jobs around the cottage.  I applied lacquer to most of the aspen paneling that I brought out, and installed the exterior light fixture above the door.
They also brought out the new forced air electric furnace and confirmed a bunch of dimensions necessary to prepare all the duct work.  They also marked out and cut in all the openings for heat registers.  They plan on coming back out on March 30th to carry on......






No comments: