Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Out Shooting

On Monday morning I did a few chores in the morning.  I organized some of my construction materials, tidied up the cottage, did the dishes and brought in some firewood.  Then I took a small load of garbage to the dump.  It was about lunchtime when I left the cottage and hit the road for home.
For the past three or four months I have been religiously hauling my view camera back and forth to the cottage, but never actually did anything with it.  The last time I shot any film was in very early December.  I was determined that on this trip out to Nordegg I would take my first photographs of 2022. 
I stopped along Shunda Creek and walked around for a bit.  It was partly sunny and a little breezy, but quite warm.  The snow was melting and it is obvious that winter is in the rear view mirror.  As I walked along the road I found what I think were Lynx tracks in the snow.  The tracks were a day old... from the fresh snow of the day before, and with the warm temperature they were significantly melted.  But I'm fairly certain of my identification.  
I set up the camera twice over by the creek and exposed five sheets of film.  My first shots of the year... and it felt really good...!  Hopefully this kick starts me to get back to shooting.  I'll make excuses and say that it was mostly too cold this winter, or I was too busy working... but mostly I was not motivated and was pre-occupied.  I'm hoping now that will change.
Here are a couple of phone snap shots from my brief outing...





No comments: