Thursday, April 7, 2022

Working Sunday Too...!

Originally it was my intention to work about half the day on Sunday, and then go out for a drive in the afternoon with my camera.  It stayed overcast and dull most of the day.  By mid-afternoon the sun started to break out and eventually the light was pretty nice.  But, it was very windy all afternoon and felt a lot colder than the temperature on the thermometer.  It got up to about +9C at the warmest point but the wind made it feel a lot colder than that.  So I just kept working all day and put in about 7 hours.
I finished up the aspen paneling on the north wall of the west bedroom.  Then I cut up the casing that I painted yesterday, and installed it around the window.  After that was done I moved over to the west bedroom and installed the casing around that window as well.
My short term goal is to finish up the paneling around all of the windows, and get the casing installed.  Once that is done I can get the rollshutters installed.  After that I can continue with finishing all the rest of the interior walls.
After the casing was completed in the two bedrooms I worked on the plywood backing in the kitchen.  This is the 3/4" plywood that was delivered out on Friday.  I cut four of the five panels for the kitchen to final size, and also cut all the openings for electrical outlets and switches.  Then I sealed the panels with primer, and screwed them into place.  There is one more to go on the west wall, behind and beyond where the range will be installed.  I need to buy the range receptacle before I install this one, so that I can cut the proper size opening.  I also need to extend the plywood higher beside the plumbing vent, as I will be building a tall pantry here.  And there is an extra panel to go in above the range, up to where the range hood will go.
Next time I come out I will need to bring more aspen as there are now only about 30 boards left.





No comments: