Thursday, April 28, 2022

Crash Pad

Chris and Connie and I scouted around late Saturday afternoon after time spent in Big Valley.  We found a couple of locations worthy of a return visit at a later date.
We ended up down at my shop in East Coulee in the evening.  My trailer had been moved outside over the winter, as the south bay of the shop was needed for a work project.  Chris and Connie stopped in town to pick up few supplies, while I headed out to the shop.  They would end up spending the night crashed in the shop.  I stayed in my trailer.  My friend Frank was out on a motorcycle ride with a couple of his buddies.  They all showed up at the shop at around the same time.  We got a fire going in the old chiminea, and had a few beers.  Later we threw some steaks and potatoes on the grill and had a nice supper together.  It was the best steak I've had in a long time.
I always make a mess of steaks when I try to grill in the winter.  I retreat indoors once the meat hits the grill, in an attempt to keep warm.  I always seem to pay more attention to my beer than to the steaks and end up burning them.  This time around, on such a nice evening, I was able to pay proper attention and the steaks turned out just perfect.




No comments: