Friday, April 1, 2022

Busy Day

The last day of March was a really busy day.  When we got up in the morning out at Nordegg it was clear and sunny, but cold.  There was about 3/4 of an inch of fresh snow on the ground.  During the day it only got up to about +4 and although it stayed sunny most of the day, the snow didn't completely melt away.  Most of it was gone by the end of the day though.
In the morning the vacuum truck showed up and emptied our septic tank.  It was getting close to full and the alarm had gone off a couple of days prior.  Right after that the water truck showed up with 2000 gallons of water to refill our cistern.  With the high fuel prices the cost of these deliveries has gone way up.  But, the last time I had to deal with this was just before Thanksgiving.  So it seems a load of water and a septic service is lasting about 5-1/2 months, even with as much time as I spend out at the cottage.
Shortly after that was done the plumbing inspector showed up to have a look at all the work that Leonard had done.  Everything was approved and I'm good to carry on.
Then shortly after that my brother-in-law Shawn arrived with his girlfriend.
I spent a little time in the afternoon working in the cottage.  I carried on with application of lacquer to more of the paneling and trim that I brought out.  And I got more paneling installed on the ceiling of the west bedroom.
In the evening we prepared a big meal of roast chicken with all the fixings.  We sat around for a while having a few drinks, visiting, and listening to music.









No comments: