Friday, April 15, 2022

Birds

There sure are a lot of birds around our place at Nordegg.  I have two feeders, that I keep filled all the time, and I suppose that keeps them coming.  Right now, with this late blast of winter, they seem to be staying close.
All winter long I have seen a lot of Chickadees, both Black-Capped and Boreal.  There are also both kinds of Nutchatch, Red-Breasted and the larger White-Breasted.  And both Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers are also regular visitors.
Lately there have been a lot of Dark-Eyed Juncos.  I looked them up in my bird book and there are four varieties.  Two of them are common here.  And most recently I've noticed a couple of birds that are new to me.  I'm virutally certain they are Varied Thrushes as I looked them up in my bird book.
I got a couple of images of them on my digital camera, but they are not very good images.  I attached photos of the images from my bird book, as they provide a better idea of what I have been seeing.
There sure are a lot of bird tracks in the snow around our firepit.  One of my feeders is nearby and they have all been hanging around it a lot.






No comments: