Friday, April 8, 2022

Spring Stroll

I've been really busy the past few days, helping my Mom out with some appointments, and selling her car for her.  Now that all of this is behind me, I've got back to work on catching up on some of my own chores.  Paying bills, doing some paperwork, getting ready for tax time...
Around lunch time on Friday April 8th the sun busted out, and the temperature spiked right up.  It was forecast to get up to +19C, but my truck thermometer indicated +24C.  Perhaps it was parked in the sun...?  
I took a quick drive over to Blackmud Ravine, about 15 minutes away from my house.  I spent a couple of hours wandering around down in the ravine.  I brought my view camera along and made a point of taking a few photographs.  I don't think I nailed anything spectacular, but I wanted to get back into the groove of seeing compositions and re-familiarize myself with working with the camera.  Now that winter is behind us and the weather is improving, I intend to become a lot more active taking photographs.
I used to live within walking distance of the ravine about 25 years ago and that's where I first started working with my medium format Hasselblad system.  There are now houses built up on either side of the ravine and it is now an off leash area for dogs.  So the trails are pretty beaten down, and the natural area is not all that pristine any more.  But it was really nice to take a break and make a few photographs for a couple of hours.








No comments: