Thursday, April 28, 2022

Mission Accomplished

When I headed out to Nordegg for Easter I had a list of things that I wanted to accomplish over in the guest cottage.  Mostly I wanted to get the furnace running so that I could have heat as needed.  Kind of ironic that now that winter is over, I'm focused on getting heat.  But, it was just not an option until recently, once I had power in the building, and the furnace roughed in.
I picked up some materials necessary to get the forced air electric furnace up and running.  I already had the cable and the breaker, but needed some flex protection, some connectors, and a thermostat, all of which I brought out with me.
I managed to get everything hooked up, but it just wouldn't work properly.  There was no power to the thermostat.  Eventually in consultation with my electrician friend Rob over in British Columbia, we figured it out and got things going.  It is sort of a temporary installation at this point as I will need to modify it later when the back-ordered air conditioner coil arrives.
I brought out a another load of aspen paneling and spent some time finishing it.  I need to stay ahead of myself in terms of getting the material finished with multiple coats of lacquer in advance of installating it.  I also brought out some ceramic tile for our backsplash, and some plumbing fixtures.
Another of my main goals was to get aspen paneling installed to the exterior walls, around the windows.  This needs to be completed, along with interior casing, so that the rollshutters can be installed.  I managed to get the plywood backing all in place behind where the kitchen cabinets will go, and most of the paneling installed around the windows.  I also got some of the casing installed, and the rest of it painted and ready for installation.  The next time I come out I have about half a day's work to wrap things up and be ready for rollshutters.
By the evening of Easter Monday pretty much everyone in the subdivision had gone home.  Margarit and Anna left about about 3:00 in the afternoon and headed back to the city.  When I stepped outside in the evening it was so quiet, you could have heard a mouse fart.
I feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment as I got most of what I set out to do, completed.  I'm not sure exactly when I'll get back out again, but it won't be too long, and things are really coming together now.







No comments: