Thursday, April 21, 2022

Tuesday

There was a heavy snowfall warning in place for most of central Alberta on Tuesday April 19th.  Originally I had hoped to take a leisurely drive back home to the city, and do some photography along the way.  It didn't work out that way.
I decided to spend a couple of hours working in the guest cottage in the morning.  I managed to finish installing aspen paneling around both of the remaining windows... in the kitchen and in the dinette.  Then I installed the casing around the dinette window.
I need to clean the PVC jamb of the kitchen window with some solvent before I can put that casing on.  There is some sealant that got smeared on the window, and I need to remove it.  I didn't have any solvent with me, so I had to leave that for another time.  But the casing is all cut and ready to nail on, so it will only take a few minutes to finish up.
By this time it was late morning, and beginning to snow quite heavily.  I tidied up in the cottage and did a few chores and decided to hit the road earlier than I originally anticipated.  It was around 2:00 when I hit the highway for home, it is was already becoming quite snow covered.
Snow conditions lightened up a bit once I left the front ranges but it snowed pretty much all the way back home.  The temperature was right around freezing so the accumulation didn't start in Edmonton until later in the evening.  The forecast was calling for about six inches of snow but fortunately there was only two or three by morning.  Yet another blast of winter...!





No comments: