Monday, April 25, 2022

Big Valley

For a change I did NOT head back out to Nordegg to work on the cottage.  Instead I went in a different direction and just returned from a couple of days down in the Drumheller area.  On the morning of Saturday April 23rd I left the city and headed south.  I met up with my friends Chris and Connie in Big Valley.
I arrived a little before they did, so I dug out my big 8x10 view camera and did a little shooting.  I did one shot of one of the old rail coaches, and a second of the Roundhouse Ruin.
It was really nice to do something other than work on the cottage for a change, and even nicer to get reacquainted with my cameras.  That would be the focus of the weekend... no pun intended.  I left my digital camera at home and brought only my 4x5 and 8x10 view cameras.  While I was out working with those, I also took a few phone snapshots for my blog.
Just as I finished my second setup with the 8x10, Chirs and Connie arrived.  We wandered over to the nearby Big Valley Inn for lunch and a beer.





No comments: