Thursday, April 14, 2022

Winter Returns... Again

These past few days have been unseasonably cold.  The beautiful spring day that we had last Friday, when it got up to +24C, was shortlived.  Over the weekend it got very windy and cold and we got a skiff of snow.  I was intending to go out on a day trip with some friends but the cold weather forced a postponement.
Instead I loaded up more aspen paneling, and a bunch of other construction materials and headed out to Nordegg on the afternoon of April 13th.  By this point the snow that fell in the city had melted.  But, out in the front ranges there had been more accumulation, and it was still on the ground.
When I got up at dawn on the morning of the 14th the thermometer registered -15C.  Pretty damn cold for the middle of April...!  The forecast is not calling for much of a warm up over the next few days.  Good thing I have lots of inside work to keep me busy.




No comments: