Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Easter Sunday

I bought a 15 Lb. Turkey and brought it out to Nordegg for Easter Dinner.  I was thinking that perhaps Hailey and Helena would join us at the cottage.  But they did not, so it was just Margarit, Anna and me.  Anna doesn't really like turkey.  So we were a little overwhelmed with the concept of trying to eat a large turkey between just two of us.
During the afternoon I puttered around over in the guest cottage while Margarit did some prep work for Easter dinner.  But I shut things down early so that I could join everyone for an Easter visit.  It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day....!
With the thought of all that Turkey that needed to be eaten we decided to invite our friends Shelly and Eric over to give us a hand.  They were out at their cottage for Easter.  We have not been able to connect with our friends for quite some time.  Shelly was injured in a car accident last summer and is slowly recovering.  Eric works up at Fort McMurray and does shift work, so he is free on a rather unpredictable schedule.  And often I was out by myself when my girls decided to stay in the city.  This was the first time in ages that Margarit and I and Shelly and Eric were all out at the same time.  We had a really nice Easter dinner together, with Anna joining in, and sat around visiting for quite some time.
To top it all off it was also my birthday, and everyone toasted me and passed on birthday wishes.
Later in the evening, Anna really wanted to have a bonfire, so we went outside and got a fire going.  We didn't last all that long as it was a little chilly, but it was nice to have our first fire of the season.

No comments: