Friday, April 9, 2021

Log Pile

On Easter Monday, which also happened to be Margarit's birthday... 39 again... I was feeling a little better.  Margarit headed back to the city by herself around 2:00 in the afternoon.  The other two girls remained at the cottage with me.  I took a drive over to nearby Swale Road to explore a huge pile of logs that had been stockpiled over the winter.  The pile is at least 100 yards long, 20 feet high, and three rows deep.  There is an area along the David Thompson Highway, near Harlech Pond, that was logged last winter.  I believe that the logs came from there.  I could be mistaken, they may have alternatively been brought out from some cut block to the north, along Swale Road.  I was still not back to 100% following my recent bought with food poisoning, or stomach flu, or whatever it was.  My abdominal muscles front and back were still really sore, and my stomach was still a little queasy.  But it was good to get outside on such a beautiful day.  It was clear and sunny, with no wind, and the temperature peaked at around +15C.  I made a couple of photographs of the log pile with both my 4x5 and my 8x10 cameras.






No comments: