Sunday, April 11, 2021

Artistic License

This is what the woods behind my cottage really looks like.  When the sun popped out, which was very fleeting yesterday, the colors jumped out a bit.  But they were still very muted, and no where near as bold as the palette that I ended up with in my second watercolor painting.  I am at the very early stages of starting to understand some of the techniques.  My color mixing skills leave a lot to be desired, and being color blind doesn't help.  I will continue to work at it.
During the cold winter months I feel sorry for the wildlife, so I help them out a little in their struggle to survive by putting out some oats for them.  This keeps the deer coming around, and we really enjoy having them.  As soon as the snow begins to disappear, and the temperature warms up, I don't put any more feed out.  We do not want to do anything to attract bears to our property.  But the deer always come looking.  I had barely arrived at the cottage, and was still in the process of taking my clothes, groceries and gear in from the truck and the deer were already standing around looking for a handout.  This one came up to within about 20 feet of my window and stared at me.



No comments: