Sunday, April 25, 2021

Artisan Rolls... again

The weather was pretty crappy on Friday when I was out at the cottage.  It couldn't seem to decide if it wanted to be sunny, or snow.  The sun peeked out off and on, but only for a few moments at a time.  In between snow flurries would come and go.  At times the snow got fairly heavy, but there wasn't any further accumulation.  I spent the day inside, starting with making a batch of Artisan Rolls.  I mixed up the dough on Thursday night after my arrival.  It has to sit overnight to rise and for the yeast to become active.  Then in the morning I kneaded and shaped the dough into rolls, before giving them another 20 minutes for the final rise.  Then I popped them into the oven and baked them.  It was nice to have fresh baking for breakfast.  I like this recipe a lot and will continue to make it on a regular basis.